In this section, you will find how to use Runtime Engine.
Before you begin
This guide shows how to set up before working with Runtimes Engine. You will learn more how to:
- Select a Cloud Provider.
- Connect AWS accounts.
- Create Infrastructure.
- Deploy a Shared Infrastructure.
Check the requirements below:
1. Check/Conect the Cloud Provider
You need to create an IAM role in your AWS account, which will be used to manage Cloud resources.
Follow the steps:
Step 1: Log in to StackSpot's platform
- On the platform's welcome screen, click on the "Access Workspaces" option;
- Next, in the left-hand side menu, click on the button "See all" and select the Workspace you want to configure;
Step 2. Still in the left-hand side menu, in the Settings tab, click on the Cloud Accounts tab.
The availables environments in this step are already configured during the Account creation. They can be PROD and DEV, for example.
Step 3. Connect your Cloud in each available environments in your Account. Follow the steps below:
Click on the 'Connect Cloud' button of the environment you want to Connect to your Cloud.
Next, the AWS IAM role screen appears. Follow the instructions below to create and configure an IAM role:
- Log in to your AWS account;
- Click on the button "Create role" and tick the option "AWS account";
- Enter your identifier (ID). The ID is a 12 digit number;
- Select the required policies, both those managed by AWS and those managed by the customer. Click on the "Next" button and;
- Fill in the fields on the "Name, review and create" page;
- Check that the Trust Policy is correct, it needs to have the AWS StackSpot account number;
- If everything is correct, click on the button "Create role".
- You've created an IAM role. Now look for it in the list of roles and click on it to view the details.
- Copy the ARN.
Go back to the AWS IAM role screen in your Workspace and enter the ARN code you have just generated. Then click on the "Continue" button.
Review the information you have set up and click on the 'Connect Cloud' button.
Done! Your AWS account was successfully connected.
Now, you can Create and publish a Shared Infrastructure